Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I posted my blog--doesnt seem anyone reads each others rants or raves. My current pick---before they are severely overdone The Foose legend!

·
Registered
657 Posts
OK I posted my blog--doesnt seem anyone reads each others rants or raves. My current pick---before they are severely overdone The Foose legend!
Your kidding right? They are right behind Torque Thrusts. :) :) :) :)

On a more serious note. I don't think there really is a "coolest current aftermarket wheel" right now.

From what I see the now and wow is custom finishes. Polished, brushed, color keyed, powder coated, anodized, and any and all combinations of the afore mentioned. Check out some of the "painted wheels" with the centers one color and the hoops another as well as all black and gloss and matte finishes. This seems to be the latest trend in an effort to be different.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are a bent 5 spoke, but enough different that i think its "refreshing", all five spokes, have a old look when you really get down to it, But I dont think powder coated ronsonels look right on an old camaro, but this is america and the psudo bigred guys can do as they wish, I wouldn't say a negative thing if we met up at the 711, after designing every custom part I wanted for mine messing with them for-Uh- MANY yrs-- I put them in storage and have been messing with 70yr plus GMC's to ----have a larger picture of all things rolling, and only now been contemplating dragging one out.

·
Registered
657 Posts
It sounds like you took offense to what I said. If you did that was not my intention. Using the multiple smiles and saying "on a more serious note" I thought I wouldn't have insulted anyone. I have "traditional styled" wheels on my own cars since I don't like things to look dated after the fad wears off. Sorry. You asked for ideas or maybe opinions. Now I'm not sure so I offered you my observation based on what I see here, on the pro-touring type forums, major car events, and SEMA since you used the words "coolest" and "current". I wouldn't say a negative thing if we met up at the 711 either. I appreciate ALL styles and craftmanship whether it's to my taste or not. I hope I cleared things up.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I like the looks of the Rushforth wheel lines. I was lucky? (or unlucky?) that most of the major wheel manufacturers are located in Southern California. So I went to them all and looked at their wheels in person. Boy did I look at wheels till I was sick of them. But the Rushforth line really stuck out to me.

So Rushforth would be my vote especially with their Titanium finishes:

Liked them so much I got me a set (thanks to Jon at Driverzinc)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like the Rushforths and Ive heard Jon is great to deal with at Driverzinc., I also like the Forgeline SP3P and the Fikse profile 5, of all the three I have talked about, I would go with the Forgeline SP3P, great looking wheel. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
fikse pro 5's are nice...a lot of coin though!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I didn't take offense, I wanted everyones opinions, and I gotta admit the graphite powdercoated wheels on the yellow car look nice, anybody go any dub 2's with the centers that keep spinning? lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
dub pimpmasters ! cool dude

·
Registered
100 Posts
You got that right Bill, the fikse wheels run about $1000 a piece and I dont think the forgelines are far behind.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I went with a set of 18" Rushforth superspokes with the titanium centers, polished lips and exposed hardware. Thanks to Jon at Driverzinc for all his help in getting the right size wheels & tires for my'68.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey Mark, can you post a picture of the wheels on your 68?
I will as soon as I receive them and get them mounted on the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts