Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 Camaro running a 454 crate. She came with only a drivers outside mirror. I added what I thought would be a good match to the passenger side however I can't see out of it unless I'm in the passenger seat. Does anyone have a fix for this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I purchased and installed an outside mirror for my 67. I would need to be in the passenger seat to be able to see out of it. Does anyone have any info on this?

·
Super Moderator
32,438 Posts
Too far forward, mirror face might be next to vent window /front window channel.

·
Registered
745 Posts
OER? Did you install it in the correct location? (were holes already drilled?) You may be able to play with it and make some adjustments. But it is most likely a decoration at this point. If it did give you the correct view angle it likely won't stay put. Maybe you can find an original, or a quality reproduction mirror.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to go to Ace in the morning to pickup a 3.75" dome type stick on mirror. I'm not sure what you really call them. This should be an easy fix. Thanks everyone...
Also, what are the large gray circles on the right side of my screen in this app?

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
I'm going to go to Ace in the morning to pickup a 3.75" dome type stick on mirror. I'm not sure what you really call them. This should be an easy fix. Thanks everyone...
Also, what are the large gray circles on the right side of my screen in this app?
You get that using IE, Change your browser.. I am using edge for windows 7 and they went away.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think a passenger side mirror was a dealer add on. Mounting location for the mirror was up to the dealer, they didnt match the drivers side. You need to mount it as forward as possible to get the right angle to see out of. Also 67 has the vent window possibly in the way. I also think there are some aftermarket manufactures whos mirrors tilt a little more to alleviate this problem. Do a search here, I believe many have had this problem.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The problem with all the mirrors on the Passenger side is that they weren't designed to
work on that side of the car.No matter where you locate the mirror on the door it won't help as the mirror isn't in parallel with the car so you will see two lanes over instead of the lane beside you.
Do a search for Classic Car Mirrors that Eliminate the Passenger side Blindspot.
Then call me with your questions

Thx, Billy

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the Drake mirrors as listed above. I can see very well with it on the right side. The only complaint is that they don't stay put. I believe the Morris Classic's have a screw that you tighten to keep them from moving every time you close the door.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Schnide,
Yes the Morris Classic mirrors have screws to tighten the mirror head if ever needed plus the design of the mirrors eliminate the blindspot on the drivers side.
3 year guarantee. 5% discount for members
Billy

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Behind the mirror there are screws to tighten the mirror so it doesn't move. My original one is fine. However you might have to replace the glass mirror if you break it.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Schnide,
Yes the Morris Classic mirrors have screws to tighten the mirror head if ever needed plus the design of the mirrors eliminate the blindspot on the drivers side.
3 year guarantee. 5% discount for members
Billy
Billy you should show those screws on your site. The original 67s don’t have a way to tighten the mirror head and if there was, it would be a good feature.

Roger

·
Registered
386 Posts
Roger,
There is 3 pictures on the left side drop down that shows the screws that tighten the mirror head if ever needed.
Even if the factory mirrors had the screws in them they still don't provide the correct view of the lane you want to change into.

Billy

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Roger,
There is 3 pictures on the left side drop down that shows the screws that tighten the mirror head if ever needed.
Even if the factory mirrors had the screws in them they still don't provide the correct view of the lane you want to change into.

Billy
I found a picture of Clear Shot mirror but it wasn’t on your site.

Roger

I also found our communication problem. The OP was about a round 67 mirror and you are talking about a 68 rectangular mirror. I believe this is the drop down picture you was directing me to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts