Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's I have found a perfect fix for the 67 RS headlight motor's , you ain't gonna beilieve this but I have two of them on my car NOW and the work FANTASTIC , also with these I installed a reverse pollarity switch under my dash to open and close the headlight door's , here is the story ,
I work at a bike shop and kawasaki released two new model's for 2002 , the 360 and 650 prairie , after a while I began noticing a part on these unit's they have a different name for them but I one day looked at one took apart and realized they may work for headlight motor's , their purpose on the atv is to switch it from 2wheel to 4 wheel drive and to operate an engine brake system , these motor's have STEEL gear's inside them and are very high tech , they have so much power the make a loud THUD!! when I open or close my headlight's , the bad part is they cost $300 buck's each , I got my two from a bike that was wrecked and reposesed , so if you see a bike like this junked out in the future GET THE TOOL"S OUT , here is a pic of the motor's , and I welcome any ?'s anyone may have , http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=98744
you will have to hit refresh to view the pic I don't know why

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ummmm....Why would someone go out and spend $600.00 on these motors, then go through the hassle of making them fit, when you can buy 2 new motors that will bolt right in from Rick's for $185.00???

Just curious.

------------------
1969 "Touring" Pace Car, Full Hotchkis Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, AGR Steering, 352CI Dynoed 470hp/430Tq - Winston Cup Airbox, 18X9-18X8 Centerline Lazers, Baer Track Brakes. Still "Under Construction"
1969 Touring Pace Car

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know nobody would buy them but they work better than the one's you buy from like rick's they are much stronger and will probably last longer , and the death rate of these atv's they are on is high due to the way people treat them so what what if you could find two next spring at a salvage yard for $2 buck's ??? I only ment to let my fellow camaro owner's know what to look for and where to find them ??
I'm tellin ya these thing's work great each of the atv's has two , that is good chance for finding them later ,

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .

[This message has been edited by mebe_epp (edited 10-10-2002).]

·
Registered
482 Posts
Um, the replacement motors have metal gears in them too so I fail to see the advantage.

If they are hitting that hard, I suspect, someday, they'll destroy the limit switches.

Dave

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gave up on all the limit switch's , relay's , 3 mile's of wire going nowhere , got tired of turning the headlight's on in a parking lot full of people and watching the blue smoke from melted wire's go up , or one headlight would open the other would not ,
I installed a rocker switch under my dash , just push it left and both headlight door's will open , to the right and both will close , this way their is no mistake IT WILL WORK , the switch I used is for an electric winch so it is reversible , and only take's two wire's to each motor to work , not three mile's of wire that look's like a bird's nest , mine is working the best I have ever seen a 67 RS headlight system work , I CONTROL THE OPENING AND CLOSEING , love it ,
after all the RS is my favorite option I want it to work all the time every time !

------------------
I HOPE NOT .

[This message has been edited by mebe_epp (edited 10-11-2002).]

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
This post is over 14 years old man. The original poster has not posted since 2003. Please look before you post.

And since you have just ignored my polite request for you to finish your profile with a first name and location and signature, I will remind you again. :)

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts