Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wiper motor on my car only has 1 speed, its slow and in the last position to the right? some times it needs a nudge:confused: when it gets stuck and then works fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
if you can stomach the price,detroit speed and engineering has a 7-speed w/intermittent setting.it is a lower profile to clear tall valve covers (my problem) and looks alot better.price:$300.00!oh yeah, it comes with its own switch and billet knob.but if you are going original,would not be correct.

·
Retired
16,013 Posts
Steve, per site policy, please only make 1 post of a question in the most appropriate section. Im moving this to the Elec. section where your other post is, seems the best place for it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you might want to check your linkage to the wipers for binding. on the back of the motor there is a round ball-like fitting that slides into the linkage and has two bolts that set the tension on the ball.could be rusted or too tight.yes it should have 2 speeds.if it is the original, it could be just worn out

·
Retired
16,013 Posts
When you dont get replies right away, give your post a 'bump' up by adding a line to it again. That keeps it toward the top. Just dont post it in another section again. (site policy)
Also, at times, some folks dont get replies quickly as it is a weekend or good weather or folks are busy with spring cleaning etc. etc. There isnt a guarantee of a quick answer to any question, but given some time you will generally find a good answer.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The motors can be disassembled and re-greased, however they are staked together and dis-assembly will destroy the original look. I've seen them re- assembled with what look like upholstery grommets in drilled out staking holes.
Before you do anything. Double check and clean all the electrical connections, especially the grounds.

TTFN
Mat

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now that I have the cowl panel off should I use any type of lube or grease on the 3 ball pivots on the wiper linkage?

·
11,316 Posts
where is the ground that connects to the wiper motor mounting grommet located?
The upper most grommet has the brass ground contact. A ring goes under the grommet and the tab is sandwiched between the wiper halves.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What other ground does the wiper system have, does the wiper switch have a metal bracket with a ground ? Also should I lube the ball pivots with greas or something?

·
11,316 Posts
Steve, the wiper circuits have been gone over many times in this forum, try some searches. Basically, the motor get 12V all the time and the on/off, speeds and park are done through the grounds. If you dont have all the grounds working (motor and switch) you get weird results. I would lube the balls a little with spray lithium.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I just got in my engine wire harness from M&H and would like to know what connectors attach to the wiper motor. 1 has 3 wires to the connector and the other has 2. I'm not sure what one goes to the motor and what goes to the washer and what direction it connect . if anyone has a picture of could tell me what direction the connect that would be great.

Also what is the position park?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I just got in my engine wire harness from M&H and would like to know what connectors attach to the wiper motor. 1 has 3 wires to the connector and the other has 2. I'm not sure what one goes to the motor and what goes to the washer and what direction it connect . if anyone has a picture of could tell me what direction the connect that would be great.

Also what is the position park?
Electrical connections on my '69........hope this helps as I didn't see what year Camaro you have.

2 wire connector is the washer pump(which I don't have installed yet:eek:).

David F.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts