Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having some difficulty getting my thermostat housing to seal to the intake. I am using an aftermarket chrome unit with the o-ring seal onto an aluminum intake. O-ring only didn't work. Ground off chrome, making sure to keep surface flat, removed o-ring and used sealant combined with double standard gasket; didn't work. Now I'm going to use the Permadry Plus gasket from Felpro. My question on this is; do I keep the o-ring in the thermostat housing, or should I remove it and if I remove it, do I need to fill the groove with some epoxy and regrind it flat. I don't want to have to redo this again.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
The Felpro Permadry unit is excellent, that said the Chrome piece you are using is the main problem. Is the ring on the chrome piece sits on the inside or outside of the permadry 'red' ring, then I would remove the rubber ring and leave it off because its only going to cause the permadry unit to not seat properly. If the ring groove on the chrome seems to meet up or touch the permadry 'red' ring then its not going to work. You probably would want to use some epoxy steel to fill and sand smooth with a block so that the permadry red lip has a good seal to the neck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts