Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have a question with the GMPP engine packages (LS engines) that are for sale. I see that they are calibrated for NO DTC (trouble codes). How does one troubleshoot engine problems then ?? Does this simply mean no MIL (malfunction indication lamp) needed ???

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,540 Posts
Guys, I have a question with the GMPP engine packages (LS engines) that are for sale. I see that they are calibrated for NO DTC (trouble codes). How does one troubleshoot engine problems then ?? Does this simply mean no MIL (malfunction indication lamp) needed ???
From the GMPP catalog: "[M]any of the features required for late-model production vehicles are “turned off,” because they’re not required in older cars and trucks. That means features that may trigger a diagnostic trouble code and possibly affect performance – requiring additional tuning – are not enabled."

I think you misread. What I get is that they've turned off things that wouldn't apply to an older car (e.g., sensor that gas cap not properly replaced) that might otherwise throw a trouble code, not that they've turned off all trouble codes.

My LS376/480 has a fully functional MIL and will throw codes if it's not happy about something.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, thanks Mike for the clarification on that.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
X2. Codes are there for sensors that are present. The evaporative emmisions portion is turned off.

·
14,516 Posts
X2. Codes are there for sensors that are present. The evaporative emmisions portion is turned off.
The VATs is turned of as well as the rear O2 sensors so you don't have to run Cats along with a host of other DTC sensors like HVAC, low oil level etc.

Only sensor associated with the engine and transmission are present.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts