Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1

Don

Premium Member
1969 Camaro RS Z/28
Agreed. It's like Facebook with stupid stuff. It's lost its technical questions and solutions, and other pertinent info content only alure. Now people hang out and talk about non Camaro related topics. A little of that goes a long way.

Registered
Totally correct. This stuff would never fly on the Chevelle site.

I found 鈥渋gnoring鈥 a couple people makes it much better. You just don鈥檛 see it anymore, works great.

Reactions: Riverbud

Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
I confess that while I've occasionally liked and sometimes posted that crap, I'm all for banning it completely. No political comments, no political memes, no political jokes. Its not that hard. We get enough of it on FB and other media. For those who love it, there's Twitter. Lets all stick to the car stuff. Vote in Don's poll and lets make it official.

Premium Member
Used to be all political was in off Topic which you had to opt into. Has this changed? I scroll past all that BS.

Jeff

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
Deleted

Premium Member
I agree theres one member with 20,000 posts and only an 8th of it is canaro related and once told me he doesnt help me with advice because he has an original 67 and i have a kit car 馃槀. Get rid of the political bullshit even the facebook camaro group doesnt tolerate that crap.
Oh and don dont leave i heavily rely on ur advice 馃榾

We as Mods can only do so much. We don't moderate OT other than when posting rules are violated such as threats against members.

Reactions: yellow69RS

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10
We as Mods can only do so much. We don't moderate OT other than when posting rules are violated such as threats against members.
Hoping the forum owners will step up and fix this. Surely it鈥檚 not all about generating clicks and ad revenue. I鈥檓 hoping they will listen to the members and clean up this forum.
Don

Hoping the forum owners will step up and fix this. Surely it鈥檚 not all about generating clicks and ad revenue. I鈥檓 hoping they will listen to the members and clean up this forum.
Don
馃

Premium Member
It's like selling starters and ball joints at the grocery store - It just doesn't happen. It's not appropriate. There are places to go to get that stuff. We don't come here to order a pizza and it is just not appropriate to come here to spew an opinion about politics. You come here to teach & learn Camaros.
I understand that there are times that the weather is mentioned and some will say where do you draw the line? But the weather is associated with my Camaro and politics is not. When I want to read about anything that is not Camaro related, I don't come to Camaros.net looking for it. This is my opinion.
Brett....

Registered
I'm a relatively new member (97% lurker) but I've visited this site almost daily for over 2 1/2 years. I agree about trying to keep politics off the forum. Our common interest here are the 1st gen Camaros and that is the bond. Politics and religion are inherently divisive and serve no purpose here, IMO. There are literally thousands of other options to get your political fix.

Premium Member
Don
Don, I hate to say it but their not going to clean it up until the membership dwindles down, and then it will be to late. I spend less and less time on this site. As a matter of fact if they offered me a partial refund of my life membership I'd leave all together.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #16
Don, I hate to say it but their not going to clean it up until the membership dwindles down, and then it will be to late. I spend less and less time on this site. As a matter of fact if they offered me a partial refund of my life membership I'd leave all together.
I have six forums that I frequent. This is the only one that allows this political crap etc. Hopefully the owners will hear us or maybe the political posters will get the message and focus on Camaros. Probably wishful thinking on my part but I鈥檓 not going to give up without trying.

I also have to think that if the moderators banded together they could get something done. After all, isn鈥檛 moderation the goal of moderators?

Don

I would like to see it go back to what it was.... a forum you had to join so that only ones who see it joined it.

New set-up changed all that.

@admin

I would like to see it go back to what it was.... a forum you had to join so that only ones who see it joined it.

New set-up changed all that.

@admin
Yes if OT was like it was before it would be better.

That said, it's simple to just not click.

Reactions: yellow69RS

Premium Member
Yes if OT was like it was before it would be better.

That said, it's simple to just not click.
Yes John, it is one extra step to decide "I'm not going to click on that post because it is something I have no desire to read", but honestly, Why, If it is a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with Camaros do we even have to spend the time deciding? That means we can see topics of Old Car Movies, Selling DVD's, Marijuana, Dating Services or even Videos on how to repair Dodge Caravans because as long as we don't click on them they can have permission to exist.
(Note: This is not directed at you John. It is just an attempt to understand the curriculum).
Brett......

I have six forums that I frequent. This is the only one that allows this political crap etc. Hopefully the owners will hear us or maybe the political posters will get the message and focus on Camaros. Probably wishful thinking on my part but I鈥檓 not going to give up without trying.

I also have to think that if the moderators banded together they could get something done. After all, isn鈥檛 moderation the goal of moderators?

Don
Don,
Unfortunately, it appears that we are just going to have to pass over the off-topic stuff. This is a snapshot of the Chevelle Forum and they have the same thing;
If camaros.net is following other in other forums path, then It is what it is, I guess.
Brett.....

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #20
Yes John, it is one extra step to decide "I'm not going to click on that post because it is something I have no desire to read", but honestly, Why, If it is a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with Camaros do we even have to spend the time deciding? That means we can see topics of Old Car Movies, Selling DVD's, Marijuana, Dating Services or even Videos on how to repair Dodge Caravans because as long as we don't click on them they can have permission to exist.
(Note: This is not directed at you John. It is just an attempt to understand the curriculum).
Brett......

Don,
Unfortunately, it appears that we are just going to have to pass over the off-topic stuff. This is a snapshot of the Chevelle Forum and they have the same thing;
If camaros.net is following other in other forums path, then It is what it is, I guess.
Brett.....
View attachment 272728
Hi Brett. I just went to the Chevelle forum and clicked on new. I was 7 pages in before I found a political thread. We are far from that here on this forum. Usually multiple political threads on page 1. Completely different....

Don

1 - 20 of 37 Posts