Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is a scammer and want to buy my car!..but he does not know when to stop!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey...You are not online.......Anyway. You can send me the full name and address so i can issue the check now and i will mail it to your address.
Thanks

nick Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
i am online!

Jennifer Hildebrand <[email protected]> wrote: Can you come online...So i can explain to you better....

nick Anderson <[email protected]> wrote: i know somewhere in this im going to get screwd!(Not literaly buy you know what i mean)..lol

Jennifer Hildebrand <[email protected]> wrote: As soon as you get the check...The payment will be in excess as i will want you to contact my shipper with the excess fund for shipping the car after you must have confirmed and cashed the check.i will wait for your bank to clear the check so you can deduct your own money and send the excess fund to the shipper via Western Union Money Transfer so as to cover the cost of shipping the car.
Thanks

suse i know where this is going...your going to send me a casherirs chek and then i go to cash it and i get the money then the bank goes to get the monney and they cant get it and the car has been shopped and then im down 1150$...i know how this works!

Jennifer Hildebrand <[email protected]> wrote: Yes..I will do that for my self. So let me have your full name and address to issue the check .
Thanks

Sorry i will not be INVOLVED in the shipment of the vheicle!

Jennifer Hildebrand <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for your reply i got all your information about the car and am ok with it, i will be making your payment today i need your full name and address to make the payment today through Cashier's Check i will handle the shipment myself. The check will get to you in 2-3 days time and when you recived the check you can then get the check cashed at your Bank or any check issuing Bank branch around you will wait for you to confirm and clear the check.The payment will be in excess as i will want you to contact my shipper with the excess fund for shipping the car after you must have confirmed and cashed the check.i will wait for your bank to clear the check so you can deduct your own money and send the excess fund to the shipper via Western Union Money Transfer so as to cover the cost of shipping the car.I will wait for you bank to verify and clear the check before we proceed with shipment.As my Bank Operator informed me that it will take probably 2 business days to clear at your bank as it was from my global account with Bank Of America.Which is Conforms to All American Banking Association rules and standards this is to stop C.O.D. shipment returns on mailing check Please Email me back and let me know if this helps
Best Regards
256-403-0080

nick Anderson <[email protected]> wrote: The car is in really good condition! runs really really good! always starts but if you buy it at the 1150 Price i will not include the sterio!

Jennifer Hildebrand <[email protected]> wrote: ** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Hello,
I view your car now and i want to buy it for my son. You can please get bck to me asap with the full condition of the Car.
Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
A similar scam hit the media here in NZ a couple weeks ago...
Yes the cheque was sent, yes the balance sent to the shippers...
All looked sweet

THEN....
When despositing a foreign cheques, one must also fill out a small form at the bank...there is a note on the form that IF turns out the funds are not forthcoming the bank has the right to recover these funds...there is no time limit..
The scam is based on this...
When the money is banked..the bank 'clears' when prelimary info comes thru...
All looks sweet...so the balance is sent off to the 'shipping company'
but it can take some time for the ACTUAL money to be transfered...this does not turn up...
So the bank then deducts the full amount back off your a/c and you are left out of pocket for the 'shipping fees' AND the goods if that has been shipped.

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
The best thing to do is just DELETE the E-mail, without responding.
... and put the email address on your "ignore" list on your email program so you don't even see it anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
At the top of the email page there is a heading title "message". Click on it and then click on " block sender". DONE

·
Registered
446 Posts
If some one is dead set serious about it.... well they don't have bull sh*t emails like that and would make a phone call to you at least.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts