Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new radiator for the 67 on Monday out of OK. It was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but came this evening....:hurray: So, I run out to the shop after supper to see how it fits. Fits great....looks great...everything hooks right up, so I fill it with water to pressure test the freeze plug that was loose and before I can put the tester on, I have water running on my boot....:confused: . There where 2 clips for the shroud and 2 adaptors for different trans cooler lines just loose in the box and apparently one of them hit a tube hard enough to puncture it...:mad: Now I get to deal with this mess tomorrow...:sad:

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update.......I called the vendor this morning and they are sending out a new rad TODAY and will have UPS pickup the damaged one on Monday....:hurray: I still can't run the engine or test the frost plug till I get the next one, but so far it appears they are going to make things "right"...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Good for that vendor.
Took care of the problem and they're making it right.

Seeing as we tend to bash bad vendors here, please name this dealer so we can know they are good guys to deal with.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to wait till it's all said and done for that^^^^. The parts that damaged this one will be hanging in a thin plastic baggy in the next one too, and I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen. I will definately update this thread, cause it was quite inexpensive and fit very well, so I'm hoping this works out. They sell on stealBay too, but by going directly to their home web site, I saved another $11.00 ...:D

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,457 Posts
That does suck, glad to here your getting a new one. I just installed my new motor today and filled her up with oil, next thing I know there is a little puddle of oil on the ground, Turns out the new oil pan had a bad weld. This left me with two options pull the motor back out or try to weld it up in the car. Welded it up and so far no leaks.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good news is that it was not your dog peeing on your boot. You can always replace a radiator!!:D
:D He does that in the house...:( He's 14 and a little incontinent...by the time he comes to get us to let him out, he's already peeing ...:noway:

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, here's the update I promised. I got the replacement radiator on the 5th.....1 week after I reported the first one damaged. This 1 arrived with a puncture in the carton and the UPS driver pulled it out to inspect it. Whatever pierced the box hit the cooling fins, but not the tubes, so I took it and pressure tested it today. NO LEAKS....:hurray: This isn't a high quality piece and may not last for a long time, or meet others needs for authenticity, BUT, they both fit very well and are 3 tubes thick and the standard 21 inch wide. It only cost 168 dollars TO MY DOOR. Very economical for a 3 tube core rad that fits well. I got it from Complete Radiators. Here's a link to their site. www.completeradiators.com I wanted the 3 row core and had to specify a rad for a 67 327 w/AC to get the right 1. The SKU number is 433337. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts