Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the stock trans in my 94 Z28 fully rebuilt...all high friction clutches bands and had a street and strip **** kit and a 2500 stall converter put in...so tell me why when I mash on it does it rev real high (almost 6,000 rpm) and then drop down...(I have ceased driving the car for this reason)...Im pretty upset right now because 3rd gear and 4th gear and the over drives are GONE...all I have is second and first:sad: ...is there something stronger I can get because Im going to have this one rebuilt again (It was rebuilt 1 month ago)by the same place (rebuilt at AAMCO) and if it happens again Im gonna have them buy me a new trans...What kind of options do I have other than stock with a shift kit?

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
I know the 4L60E is the modern version of the 700R4 which became the 4L60 then the 4L60E. On the 700R4's if the Throttle Valve cable was not set correctly it was a big issue. Some transbuilder's would use the Corvette servo to help increase line pressure.

This is why I always preferred a full manual valve body. There are less headaches with full manual valve bodies.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
sounds like the pump casnt creating good pressure from the start...aamco should stand behind the trans if they installed it...tv setup is very important on the 4l60, but the 4l60e is electronically controlled...i dont believe they have a tv system...trans-go makes a good shift kit...dont go with anything bigger than a corvette servo...these trannys dont like a lot of shock load, and are prone to failure due to stress cracks from shock load...personally, i think i`d take it to a guy that specifically does performance trannys...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.