Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a procharged solid roller 383 stroker going through a built 2004R, 3000 stall converter, and a 9" rear ... Hoping for some good numbers ...

I've still got some work ahead of me ...

Hope you enjoy ... wish me luck on the finish of the build ...

Still got all the plumbing to finish, new interior, vinyl top, trim, bumpers, some wiring, etc...

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Very very nice Tim,My hat is off to you ,I do appreciate the detail and hard work you put into, financially can not do to the extent and half to keep my car a lot more simpler but its ok…we all got a level we can go to….your car is A+…Happy Motoring

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Wow, impressive. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Superb job.

After seeing what your doing, I feel like mine is an old jalopy.

I wish I could commit the time and cash to cleaning up my ride.

Good luck with the rest of your project.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys ... I'm wanting to get this thing on the road soooo bad ...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Nice! could you fit a brake booster in there? I was thinking about going that route but was concerned aout the booster?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! could you fit a brake booster in there? I was thinking about going that route but was concerned aout the booster?
I don't think it would fit ...

I've noticed others on this board with similar setups and I don't recall seeing a booster ... maybe a hydraboost setup would work ...

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
I'll say it in one word....AWESOME!! ok, two more words...GREAT JOB!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys ... I appreciate the kind words ...

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Tim, you've done some excellent work, my hat is off to you! I can really see the attention to detail, and that doesn't come easy, it takes time. Way to go.

I really like the instrument cluster, that looks great! What radiator and electric fans are you running? I still need to consider what I'm going to use in my 68SS. Yours fit well.

Dave

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tim, you've done some excellent work, my hat is off to you! I can really see the attention to detail, and that doesn't come easy, it takes time. Way to go.

I really like the instrument cluster, that looks great! What radiator and electric fans are you running? I still need to consider what I'm going to use in my 68SS. Yours fit well.

Dave
Thanks Dave,

I ended up with a Jeg's Universal Alluminum Radiator ... I believe it's the 31" x 19" ... part # 555-52009 ... This large size was needed when paired up with the LS1 Dual Electric Fan Setup (which there is a little trimming necessary, but nothing major) ... I then use a Spal Fan controller to make it work ...

I used some Summit Racing univeral fan mounting brackets as well as some Summit Racing Radiator mounting brackets ... The fan brackets were perfect, but I did have to chop, add, and weld the radiator mounting brackets ... The pic shown doesn't show the top mount radiator brackets installed ... I just noticed that I still have a zip tie or two on when the pic was taken ... If you are interested in running this same type setup, let me know and I'll double check the radiator part # and size ...

-TIM

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have been itching to put a procharger on my 67. Which one did you choose? Was install very easy?? Yours looks very clean:yes:!! Finally
How much $$ did you have to part with for the whole Procharger setup??
Who did you buy it from?? I have been looking for someone knowledgeable to find out more about thes units.I would love to get more info, please post more pix when completed, and timeslip info. I would be very interested!!!!
:hurray: :hurray: :beers: :beers: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
NICE JOB

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks brandon ...

I went with the D1SC unit and purchased it from SD Concepts (Scott & Wendy) ... They offer several options when choosing a procharger. They have beefier blower bracketry, a tensioner system to prevent belt slip, blower prepped carbs, and a unique carb hat ... Scott took my engine build info as well as the cars specifics and goals and then added the appropriate blower pulleys, etc... We also added a procharger race bypass valve due to the boost levels and to prevent any damage to the D1SC ...

Several guys from this site as well as www.pro-touring.com turned me on to Scott and Wendy ...

Procharger setups can range from $4,000 to much more, depending on unit, asseccories, etc... Check out this site from more information on pricing www.sd-concepts.com ...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts