Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put in new Edelbrock valve covers and have had nothing but problems because they’re bulkier than the old ones. Interference on passenger side with bottom heater hose and with alternator. Very difficult to get the bolts installed, but got that all hashed out. The drivers side was easier to install, but the throttle arm is now hitting the corner of the valve cover and preventing the arm from going to idle, very high RPMs. I don’t see a way to adjust it. I see that there are adjustable rods available. Would this solve my problem? If so, suggestions on which one to buy? Won’t this limit my pedal travel? I like the look of the valve covers but I regret getting them at this point, they really don’t fit.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The rod you have is adjustable. Have you tried lengthening it? That will lower your pedal slightly but shouldn't affect WOT. I made my own longer rod and also moved it to the upper hole where you have your return spring. I made an adaptor there also.
The rod is not threaded. How does it adjust? Haven’t taken it apart, I assumed that it is drilled.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The rod is not threaded. How does it adjust? Haven’t taken it apart, I assumed that it is drilled.
allanjs is referring to the linkage rod end on the carb. It is threaded to allow for adjustment. Unscrew the part that goes into the carb and you will find the linkage go through the firewall will start to stand up taller (Not really sure how else to describe it)

·
3,467 Posts
What part is hitting ? The part with the cotter pin in it ? You could try turning it around so the cotter pin is towards the center of the engine and see if that gives it enough room. Might have to do a little judicious bending to make it clear. Typical hot rodding.

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,896 Posts
allanjs is referring to the linkage rod end on the carb. It is threaded to allow for adjustment. Unscrew the part that goes into the carb and you will find the linkage go through the firewall will start to stand up taller (Not really sure how else to describe it)
What part is hitting ? The part with the cotter pin in it ? You could try turning it around so the cotter pin is towards the center of the engine and see if that gives it enough room. Might have to do a little judicious bending to make it clear. Typical hot rodding.
Bob and Bill are correct. Here's a pic of my linkage rod.
IMG_3489.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
The rod you have is adjustable. Have you tried lengthening it? That will lower your pedal slightly but shouldn't affect WOT. I made my own longer rod and also moved it to the upper hole where you have your return spring. I made an adaptor there also.
That rod is adjustable. I think Mr. Gasket makes a bushing that fits in the larger throttle hole.
Or switch to a cable system. Lokar makes a nice assembly but changing the through firewall swivel is a PITA.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are all right, the rod I have is adjustable and that fixed my problem. I thought I looked closely for threads, but I guess not close enough. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good deal. Don't know how much you had to lengthen the rod to eliminate the contact but you should verify you still have WOT with the pedal on the floor.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Good deal. Don't know how much you had to lengthen the rod to eliminate the contact but you should verify you still have WOT with the pedal on the floor.

But not having a WOT might help him in the speeding ticket department. 😂

MD69, glad it worked out for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts