Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'96 LT1 into a '68 Camaro

I've never seen this engine installed, and don't have a radiator yet (on order), so I have no reference of where these hoses go. There are three coolant tubes on the passenger side and one coolant tube on the driver side of my '96 LT1 Throttle Body. See picture attached. I had a better picture labeled, but the file size allowed is too small on this site.

Question 1: What is the upper (larger) coolant tube for?

I assume the next tube down is the TB inlet and the tube on the drivers side (only very end visible) is the TB outlet. Both of these will be capped (I believe). The very lowest tube on passenger side (not visible) is the steam tube which will be connected back to the radiator. Right?

Question 2: On the lower driver side of the water pump, there is an outlet tube, which I believe is for an oil cooler. The only cooler didn't come with this engine, so do I cap this or re-route to radiator?

I wish there was a schematic somewhere? It doesn't seem to show this system very well in the service manuals.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I read that post and plan on doing the bypass mod. I'm particularly interested in finding out what the upper tube on the TB is for? It's approx 1/2", visible in the picture (original post), passenger side. Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts