Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started a "survivor" restoration (just going thru and fixing all the broken stuff) on a '67 4sp. It is missing the back up light switch and the neutral safety switch and I have discovered that screwed into the transmission casing below the 3rd/4th shifter shaft is what appears to be a Throttle control solenoid switch. I don't even have a Throttle control solenoid on the car. Does anyone else have one? Am I supposed to have a Throttle Control Solenoid on the car? (327, 4sp 2bbl carb) Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I don’t believe any kind of neutral safety switch existed on a stick 67. None existed on mine. 8’s and 9’s had them on the clutch pedal I think. The backup light switch was a contraption hanging on the tranny. The plug is by the steering column. Dunno what the other switch could be from the description. The only switch I’ve seen on a muncie that fits that was on a race car and had nothing to do with a solenoid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the same switch on the 3rd/4th shift rod on my '71 vette where the throttle control solenoid bumps up the idle when the car is in 3rd or 4th gear, but I've never seen a throttle control solenoid on a first gen Camaro. That's why I was confused when I found it. It's not plugged in to anything. In fact the terminal is broken off of it but the transmission casting number is for a build in 1966 destined for a Camaro. If the 67 year did not have a neutral safety switch that's great.....just one less switch I have to install and wire up. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Sounds like you have a 1970 side cover that has a TCS switch for emissions system control stuff. Not applicable on 67's at all.

Reactions: namike67l30m20
1 - 5 of 5 Posts