Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I bought a OEM tic toc for my 68 camaro and i need help wiring it in.
The car was a none tach car so i am not sure how to wire it up.
I purchased a new circuit board for a tach installed car. NPD c-9744-32b and i am waiting for it to come in.
When it does i need help to install it and wire it correctly.
I have an AutoMeter C2 6" tach on my colume that i will keep there.
So i need to know can i cut into the existing tach wire from my C2 to make the Tic Toc tach work? If someone can please include a schematic for wiring up of the clock and tach so it looks like its original in the dash.

Thanks

Ted

·
Registered
847 Posts
I suggest you buy the very little thin "book" in the link below. It's the only printed "book" I know of that actually shows the wiring for gauges in a lot of detail. The other manuals out there just show wiring schematics for non-gauge cars. Still an "AIM" (Assembly Manual) book is very, very helpful for just about anything concerning your Camaro. It's a pretty large book with page after page of illustrations just for the Camaro.
Good Luck

http://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-...ge-and-headlight-wiring-manual-1967-1969.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAMARO-1968...anuals_Literature&hash=item43a0f4a0c4&vxp=mtr

Welcome to Team Camao. Usually people are very helpful here. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i installed the Tic Toc and left my Autometer Tach installed also, both are wired to the negative side of the coil.
When i try to start the car it doesnt start and it backfires and spits.
I removed the tic toc wire and it cranks right up.
while its running i reconnect the tic toc and it works fine.
But when i try re starting it same thing still happens. So am i to assume that i cant run both Tac at the same time??? or at least start the car with both of them hooked up. Any help would be appreciated.

Ted

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Yeah I suspect you are interfering with the voltage on the negative coil terminal. Everett is the expert on electrical issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts