Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that the reproduction tic toc tach for the 68 camaro is now out. I was wondering if anyone has bought and installed it. They claim that it will work with the HEI. Anyone have any comments good or bad about it. I would like to get an original but the cost is a big factor.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought one two weeks ago to use while my original is being repaired. I have an msd box and a pertronix installed, and I must confess it works great. The tach is very accurate, and the clock has kept exact time for two weeks. even the little circuitry button that sits behind the tach looks very similar. The red line on the 5500 I bought is off. It is a 5700 instead of a 5500, and the 5000 rpm mark is not extended like 1000, 2000, 3000, & 4000, but they are very high quality, and from what I can tell the 5000 & 6000 redlines don't have those problems. The only other thing I would mention is that the glow through the tach, when the lights are on is slightly(not much)different. For what it's worth I think they are well worth the money, actually, I'm kind of shocked that they are, compared to some other reproduction horrors I've come across. Of course, when my original is finished, I plan on putting it back in.
todd

------------------
68 RS/SS 350 Convertible

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought one two weeks ago to use while my original is being repaired. I have an msd box and a pertronix installed, and I must confess it works great. The tach is very accurate, and the clock has kept exact time for two weeks. even the little circuitry button that sits behind the tach looks very similar. The red line on the 5500 I bought is off. It is a 5700 instead of a 5500, and the 5000 rpm mark is not extended like 1000, 2000, 3000, & 4000, but they are very high quality, and from what I can tell the 5000 & 6000 redlines don't have those problems. The only other thing I would mention is that the glow through the tach, when the lights are on is slightly(not much)different. For what it's worth I think they are well worth the money, actually, I'm kind of shocked that they are, compared to some other reproduction horrors I've come across. Of course, when my original is finished, I plan on putting it back in.
todd

------------------
68 RS/SS 350 Convertible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts