Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 68SS is factory equiped with the tic-toc tach however it was disconnected and a aftermarket tach was installed. I've disconnected the aftermarket tach and hooked up the tic-toc, my tach works but the clock does not. Does the clock have a separate hookup and if so where is it located. Any info would be helpful, even address of any repair place.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The clock has its own power supply, from an orange wire behind the dash similar to the cigarette lighter hook up. The connector is a pin off the back of the cluster.

·
Registered
352 Posts
What I mean by the cluster is the Speedo and Tach/Clock cluster. To get access I would always drop the stering column a little, take out all the screws that hold the cluster in, reach in and unscrew the spedo cable, then unplug the main harness from the rear and pull the cluster forward about four inches. Then, if you look at back on the clock side, there is a brass pin, it looks like a nail. That's the clock power. If the car originally had this option, there will be an orangw wire that plugs in to this. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
...........I was wondering where that lonely orange wire went to. Thanks Ratpack!!!!

------------------
'68 # matching coupe-frame on restored
'68 assembled in Belgium SS-under construction

1 - 6 of 6 Posts