Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just curious. If I have to buy new headers and exhaust for my 1969 Camaro, whose full length headers fit up tightest to the floorpan, so they are not as noticeable from the side? How about pipes and mufflers. Whose fit tightest so that you do not notice the mufflers from the back of the car?

My current Hedman's and Flowmaster's hang down too far.

Thanks for your help.

John T.

·
Registered
124 Posts
For comparison to your current Hedman/Flowmaster set-up, these images show the ground clearance of the new Hooker 1st-gen Camaro headers and the 3" Hooker exhaust system for the same application. The largest ground clearance constraint you have when dealing with a stock 1st-gen is the transmission crossmember. There is only 3/8" of clearance between the 3" tubes and the crossmember on this installation with the new Hooker parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have Dyna Tech headers and 2 1/2 inch stainless on mine. Looks great and fits nicely. No issues at all

·
Registered
124 Posts
This would be a good opportunity for those with different header/exhaust combinations to post up side view photos of the underside of their cars so the ground clearance can be seen and viewed and analyzed.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I have dynatech 1 7/8 to 3" collectors. They are pretty high for bid headers. Look real good also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts