Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two tilts for 67/68 Camaros. One I purchased from a reputable parts supplier and the other from someone at a swap meet. There are differences between the two columns at the end of the column nearest the steering gear. I have a picture showing the two side by side. Can someone help me post the picture so I can get expert advice on which is correct for the 68 Camaro.
:cool:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone please help on this? I want to put the correct one on my car but I don't know which one is correct.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy, sorry it's taken so long but the pictures are on the way. I included a picture of the end of my non-tilt column original to my car. The reason is I looked at a 67 camaro today with tilt and the end of the column looks closer to the end of my non-tilt column.

Anyway, still looking for answers. Thanks for your help.

Also, I noticed you're from Louisiana. I'm originally from Marrero, one of the small suburbs on the West Bank.

·
Registered
293 Posts
No problem, I was out of pocket at the Memphis SCS for the last few days. Should have some sample pics up on my site later.

Here's the tilt pics:small comparison pic (~34k) and large comparison pic (~270k).

Here's the small non-tilt pic (~43k) and a large non-tilt (~270k).

I live in the NE section of LA. We have some good friends in Mandeville (North Shore). Nice place. There's a fair chance that our club is going to Houston for a show later this year. If we make it, I'll drop you an e-mail.

[ 04-18-2004, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Randy S ]

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Randy thanks for helping with his pics. We are encouraging folks to try to keep the photo sizes around 880x660 in size so the folks on slow dial up modems dont have to fight so hard for every pic to load. Do you have the software to reduce the pics before you post them?
I remember before I got cable modem speed, I frustrated alot with the high quality digital photos that took forever to load.
Today's digital cameras are now throwing 4 Megapixel photos at us and I only see it getting larger too.
Again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Randy
Spent a semester in college at NLU, and had a pt job in Swartz.
I have several friends in Rayville, Baskin, Gilbert, Kilborne (around Oak Grove) Mer Rouge, and several other spots in the area.

Virgil

·
Registered
293 Posts
click - glad to help out. You're right; I don't miss my dialup connection a bit.

I posted links to two versions of each pic stope4 sent me. The originals (1024x768) and a couple that I resized (516x387) in consideration of narrowband users. With the links, pics don't load when the thread is pulled up and users can choose which version they want.

I pulled the 1024x768 pics and resized them to 800x600 with PSP. That should help a bit as it reduced the image sizes down to between 70k - 80k.

vr1967 - small world; got my BBA from NLU (now known as ULM) :confused: Drop me an e-mail if you're going to be back in the area. We can commiserate about this crazy hobby. :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Technically correct. I feel certain either will work mechanically.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts