Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 15+ years its time to resurrect the camaro. I have been busy raising kids, and last year ou 4 year old died after a 10 month fight with brain cancer. I learned that life is too short, so I am starting to work on my car again.

Mine is a 67 SS-RS 350 camaro, tahoe turqoise, turquoise deluxe interior with console guages and manual tranmission. I bought it when I was 15 back in 83 and we restored it before I got my license. I drove it through High school and college, raced it and it was an awesome car. Then it went into storage as I went abroad for study.

When I got home after a year and a half I discovered it had been ravaged by mice or rats. Everything on the enterior was destroyed. It has been "under reconstruction" since 94-95, taking a back seat to life and family.

I washed it out Saturday and cataloged the parts, and made an order today.

My goal is to get it where it will move under its own power this summer.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro Ken! This is the best first gen site on the web.

I can certainly emphasize with the lull kids can cause in the "project", and I am sorry for your loss. Every time I read something like that, it makes me hug my kids a little tighter and say a little prayer for all kids and all parents everywhere.

Good luck with reviving the Camaro!

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Ken! I am happy you are getting back into the swing of things considering your loss. You have our condolences. My wife and I were pregnant until about 2 weeks ago. She was 6weeks along and we also lost our baby due to miscarriage. We need some pics of that car ASAP! :D:D:D
I sincerely hope you can attain your goal!!!

Guys, Another Camaro Saved!!!

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Welcome Ken.... Sorry to here about your loss R.I.P.... It goes to show us that life is to short and to live it to the fullest (day by day)...You will receive great information on Team Camaro..Which means that car will be on the road in no time, these guys are very quick with technical question... Good luck & take lots of pictures..:beers:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sorry for your loss Ken. Maybe the car should be a little dedication to your son. Good luck with the project. You came to the right place.

Dave

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is a poor photo from 1987 or so

with a friends car

current status

·
Super Moderator
32,346 Posts
Sorry for the loss of a young child. It is good therapy to take on a project, relieves the mind.

Nice pictures, nice car. Good luck.
Will you be keeping an expense record?
Some here do not, I don't. I don't want to be shocked.
Album of the travels?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry for your loss Ken. Life is to short and four is to young. All the power to you for moving on and what a great therapy. I lost my brother last year and also decided life is tooo short. Hence a 67 ss on the way and two motorbikes in the drive. Enjoy and the best to your family.
Bernie

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Began dusting off the parts bin yesterday. And it occured to me there are more parts off then on the car. As a matter of fact there isnt much on the car at all

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Began dusting off the parts bin yesterday. And it occured to me there are more parts off then on the car. As a matter of fact there isnt much on the car at all
At least you took it apart, right??

I bought my 69 in about the same condition, and have to wade through a pickup load of parts someone else had taken off. To make things even more fun, the guy also had a Mustang project, so random parts from that car were mixed in with mine...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At least you took it apart, right??

I bought my 69 in about the same condition, and have to wade through a pickup load of parts someone else had taken off. To make things even more fun, the guy also had a Mustang project, so random parts from that car were mixed in with mine...
Ouch, that would make it rough

Basically the car is back on 4 wheels, rear end was rebuilt, rear springs were resprung and installed, new rear brakes, refinished the fuel tank and installed, the bottom of the car cleaned and coated with POR-15, subframe completely stripped and repainted, front suspensiaon as well, cal-tracs installed, engine rebuilt . all of this was work done in the past 5 years, bit by bit.

However I may change direction. My kids want me to paint it yellow in honor of julian my other son.

That is going to be alot of work to go from turquoise to yellow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts