Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I hope I have found the right Camaro forum this time. I tried a couple so far and they are either all about stock correctness or else there just plain isn't anybody home... or the 'site is having issues that prevented me from posting.

All that aside, Here I am! It looks like there is plenty of content here from mild to wild, rare stockers, straightliners and G-Machines.

I'd like to show you a few pictures from last fall that explain my subject line. Unfortuantely, this is the second garage fire that my 68 has been in but fortunately we incurred only smoke damage and a feew related gremlins each time. There is still plenty of cleaning to do this go-round but the paint looks better than it did when new.

I got this car June 24th '89 and other than a first annual car show held on my birthday in 2004 it has been hibernating since about 99. All I can say about the lost time totaling close to a decade is that at least I still have it.

I am currently researching all the cool stuff that has become available in the last several years since I was "on the scene" and it is making my head hurt a little. I hope some of you guys can help me wade through the BS and keep me inspired to enjoy the car with the family. It has a way to go to be a joy to drive again.

Anybody going to CarCraft in St. Paul this weekend?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Welcome to TC! Best 1st gen site on the web; plenty of traffic, and real knowledgeable and helpful folks for everything from "stock correct" to Pro Street to Pro Touring. We all love to help others spend their hard earned cash... :);)

·
19,993 Posts
Welcome to TC. Lots of info to wade through regardless of what you like... BTW, new guy buys :beers:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow,

Thanks for all the replies compliments and and genuinely warm welcome.

I must not have my profile/control panel set to notify me of replies but I'll look into that.

Questions? Man have I got them. I have owned this car since 6/24/89 and I can't believe how much I have yet to learn. It probably doesn't help that there is about a decade of hibernation in the more recent part of my relationship with... Um... You know what folks?

My car does not have a nickname. I think I should start a thread somewhere and ask for opinions. Has anybody ever done anything like that here?

The car was painted in like you see it in '96. If you really want to know what base color it is PM me. That is the only color I can identify for you, the rest are gone from my memory if I ever actually knew.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I looked for our previous car names threads, but can't find it.

What about ASHley?

Smokey the Car?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts