Team Camaro Tech banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've pretty much lost all intrest in my '68, that along with the fact that my family has grown to the point that we all can't fit safely for the Sunday run for ice cream anymore. I'm going to sell it to help finance another larger project.

I'm planning on putting it on e-bay and am not sure of the best way to list it. If I got around $14,000 for it I'd be happy. The biggest problems are the floor and interior, it need a drivers floor pan and interior kit. The rest of the car on a scale of 1 to 10, Paint 7, Engine/Tranny 8, Body work minus the floor 6, Brakes and suspension 7.

Check my sig for photos, do you guys think I could get $14,000? or am I dreaming? Thanks, Phil

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Phil,

IMHO this would fetch $14k all day everyday. I would ask for $18-$20k and see what happens. Put it on e-bay with a buy it now of $19,995. You would be surprised. Yea, the back seat & package tray are some weak points but those items are easily repaired.

Don't get me wrong there are guys who will knit pick everything to death. Screw those guys!! They hate cars with a fram PH30 oil filter instead of an A/C Delco filter.

Be honest in your description as you were. Tell people this is not a $65,000 -$75,000 mint show car. I think you can get 18 grand easy. But try to get 20g!! Your family will be happier & so will you.

Bottom Line: Be patient. I bit the bullet hard when I sold my first Camaro (see my signature below) I bought that car for $2,800 in the spring of 1989. Thousands of dollars later including a new engine, trans & rear end I sold it for $2,200 in the fall of 1994. I could have gotten $5k or slightly more back then had I waited. That car also had factory A/C. Do not make the same mistake I did and run to go sell unless you need the money yesterday. Take your time like I should have and you will be happier. Be honest with the description and list it for buy it now of $19,995. I think you will get at least $18k on e-bay!! Good Luck!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
14K sound good, I look over the Pic's and the car looks like a nice car . Someone spend 1K for a complete Int kit and they have a very nice car for 15K that they can drive and work on if they desire. You do the Kit and ask 20K

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,623 Posts
compared to what i have seen, i agree $17k to $19k range. especially if you are not in a rush to sell.

so, what will the next project be? maybe a nomad wagon? thats family friendly.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
compared to what i have seen, i agree $17k to $19k range. especially if you are not in a rush to sell.

so, what will the next project be? maybe a nomad wagon? thats family friendly.
Got my eye on a '71 Blazer, its a bondo buggy and a half. I knew it was not going to be good when I saw it was in primer.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I'm very curious seeing as I'm knee deep in my 68 resto myself. I would expect more then 14k, I'd be surprised if you didn't get a buy it now.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Car shows well in the pics.....:thumbsup: Since it hit the reserve so early it may languish there for a few days, but you have at least 5 people baited and hoping they can get it for cheap. I'm betting it will soar when it nears the end......:yes: How many "watchers" do you have ???

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.