Team Camaro Tech banner

Time to vote for your favorite ROTM candidate for May 2016.

• #1 Jeff – jhargis1 – 1969 SS350 MOD

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • #2 David - davethewave911 - 1969 Z28

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • #3 Mark – QPDO - 1969 MOD

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • #4 Everett – Everett#2390 – 2002 SS

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • #5 Haken – Hgger69 - 1969 350 MOD

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • #6 Craig – Craig1969 – 1968 Convertible

Votes: 21 25.6%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to vote for your favorite ROTM candidate for May 2016

Presented in the order they were nominated.

#1 Jeff - jhargis1 -1969 SS350 MOD

==================================================

#2 David -davethewave911 -1969 Z28

================================================

#3 Mark -QPDO -1969 MOD

================================================

#4 Everett - Everett#2390 -2002 SS

=================================================

#5 Haken - Hgger69 -1969 350 MOD

#6 Craig - Craig1969 -1968 Convertible

·
Registered
446 Posts
Tough vote. I liked 3 cars

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Only 36 votes so far???

·
Premium Member
‘67 RS
579 Posts
Only 36 votes so far???
Yea, I know. Only 38 now. What's so hard about clicking on the post and making a vote? This is such a great way to see other member's cars and what they do with them. I feel an obligation to vote because of all the help I've received here over the last few years and the hard work by the moderators to put this together every month. I just hope it doesn't go by the wayside again because of lack of interest.

Great group of cars this month!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
i really don't think it is lack of interest. maybe because so many have worked their *** off and spent as much time and money as they could on their ride only to be put down once or maybe twice when they listed their car.
it is hard to compete with someone who takes their car to joe blow custom restoration shop and says money is no problem as compared to the average person who works for a living and has bills and a family to support

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Competition is not the issue with the lack of votes, that is purely lack of interest by members to take a few seconds while catching up and cast a vote. It couldn't be easier to do, they just choose not to for some odd reason.

We have on average a thousand members visit the nomination thread each month. 829 so far for this May.

We have had over 464 unique members read the May voting poll, but only 50 have taken the second it takes to cast a vote. :crying:

Brian

·
14,281 Posts
i really don't think it is lack of interest. maybe because so many have worked their *** off and spent as much time and money as they could on their ride only to be put down once or maybe twice when they listed their car.
it is hard to compete with someone who takes their car to joe blow custom restoration shop and says money is no problem as compared to the average person who works for a living and has bills and a family to support
Competition is not the issue with the lack of votes, that is purely lack of interest by members to take a few seconds while catching up and cast a vote. It couldn't be easier to do, they just choose not to for some odd reason.

We have on average a thousand members visit the nomination thread each month. 829 so far for this May.

We have had over 464 unique members read the May voting poll, but only 50 have taken the second it takes to cast a vote. :crying:

Brian
Exactly Brian

We are voting for the car whether it was shop built or garage built really doesn't come into play.

Often the best car loses to the car with the best pictures.

If a guy doesn't want to vote because he entered a couple of times and didn't win is IMHO pretty lame:crying:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Seems since we bumped the thread this morning it's getting attention. Maybe if it's not on top or sticky people don't see it. I know the way I use the forum I won't see it unless it's a new post or been posted to.

Edit - I see it's sticky now. That wasn't there the other day, right? Or am I losing it?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Exactly Brian

We are voting for the car whether it was shop built or garage built really doesn't come into play.

If a guy doesn't want to vote because he entered a couple of times and didn't win is IMHO pretty lame:crying:
a guy that makes $40K a year does not have the money to put in his car as a person that makes $115K per year . there for the guy with the most money has the better car. the people on the low income bracket that enter their cars and receive maybe 2-3 votes have lost interest in the game. you don't have 5K members entering their car cars every month, you only have a few and they are the ones that have been turned down and don't care to participate. need I explain it to you further:thumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is obviously a problem with the posting site.....Only 3 cars are visible.......and from what I understand this has been a problem for a day or two!

·
14,281 Posts
a guy that makes $40K a year does not have the money to put in his car as a person that makes $115K per year . there for the guy with the most money has the better car. the people on the low income bracket that enter their cars and receive maybe 2-3 votes have lost interest in the game. you don't have 5K members entering their car cars every month, you only have a few and they are the ones that have been turned down and don't care to participate. need I explain it to you further:thumbsup:
I entered my car twice. It's a $100K car (I just sold it for over 6 figures)

I did not win twice. Lol

The cars that won were IMO less valuable cars that presented better.

And I did not get all butt hurt over it:wink2:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Photos that are linked from other sites are prone to be blocked or unavailable at times when capacity or those servers have been met and or the service id off line. Every time I have checked today all six have been available. You might try flushing your cache and cookies if you can not see them.

As a note the voting closes at midnight PACIFIC which is 3 am Eastern (New York),
2 am Central (Chicago - where I was when the poll was created.),
1 am Mountain (Denver), and midnight Pacific (LA).

I will manually close the poll since I'm in the Eastern time zone tonight.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exactly Brian

Agreed. You may not win this month, but doesn't mean you wouldn't ever. And we are a community based on support and helping others, so why act like a child and refuse to vote for someone else?

In the act of transparency here, it is well known that I'm a more a traditionalist and with that said I tend to vote with my heart for those rides when nominated, HOWEVER I can say that on several occasions I have voted for a resto-mod over a factory ride, and yes one of them was yours John :)

And I guess I have to also point out that I did so NOT because it was John's ride, but because it was the one that I kept looking at. I like blue what can I say, but the fact is that I VOTE even if there isn't a traditional ride in the poll.

I think the best I can say to those who claim a factory ride, or home restoration or mod can not compete with a big buck shop build, is bull. We have all seen mega $$$ builds that look terrible. We have all seen a ride where the interior is hand crafted, from many vendors that just looks great, and ones that are all one vendors look or product line and it is flat, boring. Money spent has nothing to do with it, artistic composition is what it is all about. Engine bays are the same, sure you can shoehorn the largest engine in but if the support cables and systems just look thrown in its "bad-***" to look at for the wrong reason.

It is in my opinion that staging and picking your best photos makes your ride stand out even against a flashy futuristic resto-mod, or perfect factory trailer queen. To keep everything on the same playing field we have the standard poses, and you can still do a lot with those such as cleaning, detailing, lighting, backgrounds etc. All it takes is your phone quality camera and the nicest neutral background in your area. Too many folks pick backgrounds more impressive than the ride.

The optional fourth photo is the one shot where your rides best attribute should be featured, weather that is a full bar, flux-compactor, or driving range should be your optional photo so people can see your ride has something more to offer.

JMHO

Reactions: ZZ_430

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well this thread is blowing up now. Interesting reading the posts, and different perspectives about what influences each members vote. I voted based on the quality of the car, but if a guy identifies with a car because it is more of a driver or more budget based, and that is similar to his own circumstances, I get it.
Glad to see better turn out today, I think putting a sticky on it and drawing attention to it will get guys in there to vote.

Makes it more exciting to see more votes come in as well.

Reactions: Craig1969

·
14,281 Posts
Be happy for the dude that wins. He is after all one of us. Geez. At least we don't have stangs in the mix. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Well I just voted and I hope it counts.

It says in a previous post that the voting was to close down as of 3 am today.

I look forward to voting every month and usually do so in a timely fashion. I was sort of busy over the last few days and didn't check the voting timeline. Oh well, hope my vote counted.

So what's the rush in the voting process anyway? Leave it open for a few days. IMO, it doesn't matter if an entry gets chosen by the first of the month or a few days later. Since everyone is grumpy over the lack of participation why not make it a little easier to get the votes in.

I planned on entering my car but I've got to take better pics since some are saying this is part beauty contest. I'm working on it!

Please do not kill ROTM, it's one of my favorites!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts