Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 302 running and I was messing with the timing.I set the inital at 8 with vac advance plugged. I then wanted to check the total. I have a craftsman light with an adjustable dial on the back. So I set the dial at 36 and reved the engine to 2500-3000. I expected to see my mark at 0. The mark was way retarded. I set the dial to 0 and the timing mark never moved much from 8. What am I doing wrong? I also noticed that #7 header tube was glowing and 5 was starting to. Thanks!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember when I got the car I looked at the distributor and noticed the weights were a little gummy. Hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
11,169 Posts
Grag, just nosing around here,, I had same problem with headers glowing expecially two rear but on both sides. Understand how an stock dual plane manifold works, when back barrels are not open thus no fuel is feeding rear clyinder enuff, thus you will run lean (dual idle circuits take care of this) in addition to ,, I had a compounded issue of vacumn booster leaking, thus sucking too much air.. Your weights will be another issue. May pay to check both?
dd 2 cents

1 - 4 of 4 Posts