Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I pressure tested the system and the coolant is leaking from the timing cover. I decided to replace it but will need your guys hep...I would really appreciate if you could tell me how to do it step by step... I already took off the powersteering bracket and the water pump...What else to go? Please help asap..I will need my car next week..:)
Thanks in advance:hurray:

·
Premium Member
5,586 Posts
What engine is in your car? And what year camaro do you have?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see noone replied, anyway I changed the gaskets for the waterpump and the timing cover...Saved $700 dollars...It took me like 2nights to finish it...Now she runs like a champion...:hurray:

·
Super Moderator
32,348 Posts
Cool! Good job. Don't worry about the length of the job, just think through the job for the quality given so you don't have to do it again or the same function failing because of an item in your control.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so true....It was fun too...I got frustrated when it looked like i have to take off the oil-pan too, but I figured out it is not necessary... only hard part is the crankshaft pullley...especially puting it back on...but reather than that it is basically unbolting...
Anyway if anyone is having similiar problem dont hesitate doing it by yourself...(almost forgot: Advance auto also deserves a a thank you for its "loan-a-tool" program...LOL)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
so true....It was fun too...I got frustrated when it looked like i have to take off the oil-pan too, but I figured out it is not necessary... only hard part is the crankshaft pullley...especially puting it back on...but reather than that it is basically unbolting...
Anyway if anyone is having similiar problem dont hesitate doing it by yourself...(almost forgot: Advance auto also deserves a a thank you for its "loan-a-tool" program...LOL)
awesome, glad you fixed it

i do all of the work on my cars myself, i dont trust taking it to a repair shop, and i cant justify the costs of taking my car to one.

and the advance rent a tool is awesome, you get a 100% refund including tax, cant beat that at all, except that most of the things i rented from them were worn/unuseable, i went through 3 different vacuum bleeders before i went out and bought a mityvac

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it really depends on the area of the store...my tools were brand new (pulley pullers)...and yeah they gave my money back..Anyway...the only thing i didnt use is lube on the gaskets...is it gonna be a problem?

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
I liked the last rental tool I got from them so much I just kept it. I may take it back one day if I decide I need fifty bucks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SO here I go again:) I decided to clean the engine bay cuz it was disgusting the other night... What would be the best way to do it? what parts I have to cover (alternator, coil +plugs)? what else...any ideas would be appreciated:)

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts