Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Check out the local cruise scene. Look at the hot rods and cars w/ the trick paint jobs and wild body work. Then go up to the owner and see where he got the work done. Another thing with body work and a paint job is you get what you pay for. Good luck.

------------------
Bryan Shook
Burgettstown, Pa
Favorite Quote - Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6673

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
I would ask alot of people they have done work for and go see the jobs they have done. As said above check your local cruise spot and ask your insurance company about them. Pick a well known shop and as stated above you get what you pay for. I have been ripped off one time by a guy, his name is Don Becker and he owns LLoyds Auto Body in Santee Ca. One place you should never go to, Rott in hell DON!!!!

Sorry for going off guys, but this guy is a real snake.

------------------
[email protected]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi There I am a shop owner and what I tell people before you make a choice check out my references then walk thru the shop. A quality shop will look like just that, also look at the equipment. Does he have a down draft spraybooth? Frame machine? mixing setup? does he warrenty his work? How is the repair made? before welding do they use weld thru primer, after eching then urethane primer? etc.etc. And as someone else said you get what you pay for!A decent paint job with door jambs starts at 3500.00 Good luck.

·
Registered
175 Posts
All the answers you recieved so far are right on. I also got ripped off by a "so called" bodyshop. My suggestions are the same check out references, DO NOT pay any money up front (do not go for excuses like to pay for materials), and stop by the shop often once you go for it.

------------------
1st&2nd GENGuy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts