Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Tire pressure has nothing to do with the size of the wheels. What tires do you have?

·
13,973 Posts
32-34

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My thought is with the low-profile tire you might want more air pressure than the 28th of 30 in the old-style tire

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
When in doubt look at the rating on the sidewall - it will at least have the max rating molded into the tire but some will have the normal operating range.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Doesnt matter if it is the 4x4, camaro or vintages
Ball park is generally 30/36 lbs overall
When I put on new tyre I start at around 33.. the watch the little rubber nooble things wear off...if they wear on the outsides couple more lbs if wear on the middle drop a lb

Then winter wet roads etc I run 1 or 2 lbs down, summer a couple up.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was looking for a general opinion on tire pressure and what worked for them
thanks

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I have 20K miles on a set of Cooper radials (225/60-R15 and 235/60-R15 F/R) running 36.5psi. Nice even wear and no issues except the back have less tread for some reason...

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
usually 3-5 lbs. under the max rated on the tire
I once had a bicycle that required 90 psi in the tires
stop an think about it. pounds per square inch.
compare a bicycle tire to a 988 loader tire
if you tried to put 90 psi in a loader tire you would have one h377 of an explosion

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Yeah I generally have had vehicles that used ranges from 26 to 33 psi over the years. The Jeep currently likes 31. The Z11 26-28

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I have 20K miles on a set of Cooper radials (225/60-R15 and 235/60-R15 F/R) running 36.5psi. Nice even wear and no issues except the back have less tread for some reason...
That seems to be a common problem :)
Can't wait for mine to get on the road...will see if it suffers from the same problem.
Some guys seem to think it has something to do with torque ;)

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts