Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a ton of threads on tires, sorry if this is repetitive.

With so many tire brands and models, it gets confusing on which ones to get. I never had an issue with truck tires, always knew what I wanted.

I have a 67 convertible, Baer brakes will be coming soon, along with 17" Foose Knuckle wheels. What tires have you guys had good experience with? I don't need something great in the rain or snow :). Just looking for a good quality (and nice looking) tire that rides nice and will last a little bit and not cost a fortune.
What tires would you stay away from/bad experience?

Thanks!

·
Retired
26,640 Posts
I've had Nitto 555's on my '69 ragtop for years and they are fantastic for the price. My '96 Z28SS had BFG g-force TA KDW (older style) and they were great too but much more expensive than the Nitto's.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Do you have the car stock height or lowered? With 17" wheels that will make a little difference with the amount of clearance and ride. I plan to run 18" x 7 or 8 in front & 19" x 10 in rear of my 68 with a 2" lowering kit front and rear. Ride quality will not be in mind. Tire brands TOYOs, Goodyear (Eagle GT), BF Goodrich (Radial T/A) all seem to be softer, will wear faster but provide great grip and ride. The wheel size should allow for plenty of sidewall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts