Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1967 camaro and would like to know if i put 235/60/15 15x7 rims front would they rub. thank you:hurray:

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
from what i've seen here, yes.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Depends on your wheel backspace and suspension. If you have drop springs in the front, you might get some rub on turns.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a 1967 camaro and would like to know if i put 235/60/15 15x7 rims front would they rub. thank you:hurray:

·
Registered
711 Posts
depending on the backspacing and many other variables maybe. I run 235s on my factory rally wheels, on a 69 and they do not. But i have different springs and other factors to keep them from rubbing. They will sometimes rub the frame, barely at all, not even enough to remove paint on a lock to lock turn.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Stock Camaro rallys and new springs...you 'should' be good to go.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've experienced minor front fender rubbing issues with 235/60r15. If anything, you will have to give the leading lower edge of the wheel opening a little thump with a big hammer and then you'll be good to go. If you cannot bring yourself to do this, then err on the side of caution and go with a 215 or 225

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
My 67 has 2" drop springs with JL8 style disc brakes running 235/60/15 radials on FW (15x7) coded rally rims. There are no fitment/rubbing issues whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Mine with 235/60/15 15x7 4.5 backspace setup on front with big block stiff one inch drop springs. Never rubs when normal driving. If going full lock on sharp turn then it'll rub the subframe, so I just have to remind myself not to go full lock when parking and turning sharp. The tires look great in there nice and snug.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
My machine is a BB setup, before I changed the springs to stiff ones the front end was going up and down like crazy when hitting bumps and that.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
any one know if i have to cut the tunel on my 67 camaro to put a 4/speed was auto:hurray:
If you have a floor shift auto, I believe that the hole is the same for auto or manual, just buy the correct shifter

1 - 20 of 26 Posts