Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back from our Safety Inspection at renewal time!!!!!

I will need tires for my 2003 Accent commuter corn-popper car in about 6 months or so, so is Discount Tire cheaper than The Tire Rack after it is all said and done??

I've bought many a set from TTR over the years and always got hit w/ the shipping per tire, but no taxes is why I'm asking??

pdq67

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I'm just the opposite. I've been buying tires at Discount for years and just this last time got hit for shipping. They were at their wherehouse in state about 1/2hr away and he wanted to charge me $15.00 a tire. I told him to keep them and I'd go to Big O and he immediately dropped the charges. I think I would have been paying for someone lunch.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
discount tire direct does not charge tax or shipping
discount tire does... go figure...

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Custom Muff. want's about $70+ each mounted and balanced w/ a road hazard is why I'm going cheap.

I've never used a road hazard in my life!!

Looks like that link want's about $45/tire!!

And I'm here ta say, the Avid Touring are GOOD tires!!

pdq67

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
I compared Tire Rack to my local Firestone store for my Bridgestones. When shipping, mounting and balancing was figured in, my local dealer was about $10 higher for all four tires. I'd rather do business locally. PLUS - My Firestone guy allowed an exchange if my tires wound up not fitting. Try that with a mail order tire.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Don't know if you have BJs / Costco / Sams Club near you but don't forget them. They are always competive and most offer road hazard and lifetime rotation and balance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts