Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired
26,644 Posts
Way too broad a question? What size wheels are you talking about? If you are looking for tires for a 17" or taller wheel you'll find speed ratings for 160+ mph but if you want tires for a 15" wheel then the highest speed rating available is about 112 mph. Then there are wet and dry ratings and it goes on and on.

At least share what wheel size you want tires for and if you plan to daily drive or weekend putt around... I've run BFG's, Donlop GT Qualifers and Nitto Tires on my Camaro and Nova in 15's and 17's but they are completely different animals...

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Dennis is right - way too broad a question to answer specifically. I recently replaced the Good Year tires on my 69 that were bought in 1978 at one of the USAFE base PX's in Germany. I went with the B F Goodrich T/A's because I personally like the old school original look of the F70 x14's with RWL. Ordered them at Tirerack and used the Tirerack.com discount at the Good Year store to mount and balance them cheaper then buying them there int he first place.

I conservatively kept the size in line with the original F70's with P225/70R14 but could have gone more aggressive but didn't want two sizes used, one in front and one in the rear. I also didn't want to spend any time chasing rubs and grinds.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
I have the Nitto 555's. They are a very good tire for the money. If you want all out performance and want to spend a little more, there are even better tires out there. But from a cost perspective the Nitto's are a solid choice.

I'm running 245/40/18 and 275/40/18's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts