Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the stock 67 console shifter plate have enough room allow the TKO600 to shift to all gears? Thanks

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody try this?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm istalling mine this weekend (67 also), just waiting on the offset dowels. I was wondering the same because the centerline of the shifter on the muncie and the TKO are not the same from the bellhousing face. The 67's measure 16 1/8" from bellhousing face to the center of the factory console opening unlike the 68's and 69's @ 17 3/8" to the center of the console opening. I called SilverSport and they said their tranny will fit and shift with no issues on a 67 with a console? I'm also wondering if i will be able to used the original slide in the shift plate? I can hope.....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well...... The good news is the trany fit very well with adequate clearences to the trans tunnel. Nothing had to be modified. Now the not so good news.... I' working with a big block so the driveline is offset to the passengersideof the car about 1/2" - 3/4" and thats were my issue stared. The shifter landed in the proper location as to bellhousing face to factory console opening. What didnt work out was even with a 1" offset shifter i would need to cut the floor opening an additional 3/4"- 1" toward the passenger side of the tunnel to work. That then puts the shifter in contact with the factory shift plate hindering shifting into 3rd, 4th, 5th or reverse. I also bought the STX shifter and it stands up to tall to fall beneath the slide on the shift plate. I may have to go with a shollower profile shifter to remedy one problem. I'm also calling Silver Sport today discuss.

If your working with a small block, I think you might be ok with the shifter location ? Ill keep you posted.

1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts