Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching through all the old threads but didnt see any pictures similar to what im seeing.
my TMI one piece headline A pillar covers have a boss where the lowerscrew goes. It prevents it from sitting correctly.
the metal pillar is just a screw hole too, not even close for 0.50” boss and epoxy mess to fit flush.
anyone see this or verify?

Table Wood Fluid Automotive exterior Gas

Wood Material property Table Gas Bumper

· Registered
Camaro 1968, going along with a propane powered BPE 383 ci, T56, Eaton Posi 4.10:1, MCB Big Brakes
1,499 Posts
Opening this thread I was hoping to read a good news about A pillar fitment...Unfortunately you have also a bad experience. Sorry I can't help. Guess you have to try to machine the boss on a tool?

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Opening this thread I was hoping to read a good news about A pillar fitment...Unfortunately you have also a bad experience. Sorry I can't help. Guess you have to try to machine the boss on a tool?
nothing good to say, sorry. The fit is terrible. I have stock ones and was going back and forth to try and figure out where exactly to cut or adjust, and just got frustrated and walked away. The back portion that would slide over the pinch in the window opening just doesn't align right. I keep thinking I am going to break them.

· Registered
1,200 Posts
I used them. Mine are vinyl covered.

I simply pealed back the vinyl and modified the fiberglass structure as required to get the right fit, rolled the vinyl back around and put them in.

If that bung is too tall, shave it down.

It's just fiberglass which for me was pretty easy to modify to my needs.

· Registered
Camaro 1968, going along with a propane powered BPE 383 ci, T56, Eaton Posi 4.10:1, MCB Big Brakes
1,499 Posts
I used them. Mine are vinyl covered.

I simply pealed back the vinyl and modified the fiberglass structure as required to get the right fit, rolled the vinyl back around and put them in.

If that bung is too tall, shave it down.

It's just fiberglass which for me was pretty easy to modify to my needs.
Larry indeed that's a good solution.
I feel like getting some now !

Dlish how did it turn out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts