Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fresh 305 with a performance cam. My choice of intakes laying around are: stock cast iron 4 barrel OR stock 4 barrel aluminum. Which one should I use. thanks

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
alum.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
What's the casting number on the aluminum intake? It might be worth enough to buy 2 (or more) aftermarket aluminum intakes. Just an idea.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
What's the casting number on the aluminum intake? It might be worth enough to buy 2 (or more) aftermarket aluminum intakes. Just an idea.
Ditto
Then you can get a better performing alum. intake and still have some money left over.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
You can spend some time Sat. afternoon and grind under the carb mount to blend it into the ports easily to gain a bunch of air flow on either of them if you want to.

Dave V. is where I'm coming from..

pdq67

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I realize you are probably trying to save some $$$ by using what you already have. There is a reason why you never see a stock intake on any kind of a performance motor. It's really hard to beat a Performer RPM intake. I just sold a really nice one on eBay for $50. They will usually go for that up to about $75 for a super nice one. An aftermarker intake is almost ALWAYS the first true "bolt on" upgrade you do to any motor. Thanks to our friends at GM, and the good old SBC, there are about one gazzillain of these out there floating around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts