Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have found a 1970 RS/SS camaro in a junk yard. It has surface rust, and rusted through a little on the wheel wells. It has 100% original everything. It's a 350, 4 speed, 411 rear gear ratio (I'm very naive when it comes to this stuff, so if I mess it up, I'm sorry). It runs, but has been sitting there for 6 years, not moving. The floor panels are gone, and there are only a few rusted through holes on the back.
They are asking $2500. Is this car worth it?
Obviously it will be a project car, and it is something that my husband would love to have, so...to buy or not to buy, that is the question.
Please let me know what you all think.
Thanks
Mary

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I would think the car is worth the $$ even if it turns out it is not a true RS/SS. It sounds fairly complete and the amount of rust you described is very similiar to a Camaro daily driven. I would say got for it and try to verify it is an RS/SS just for the heck of it. Also, welcome to the site. You will find the information here is first rate as well as the people. Keep us informed as to your decision.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Wecome to the site! Just remember that It may very likely have a salvage title. It will take some effort to get it licenced(sp)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro. There are some very knowledgeable people hear. The price for the car is not bad if it does not have a salvage title. You can also find help at www.nastyz28.com Those guys are dedicated to Second Generation Camaros. I have a 1st, 2nd and 4th gen so I visit a lot of Camaro boards. In my opinion Team Camaro and Nasty Z28 are the best boards on the web.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome.I would weigh out the options on this car.The cost of parts it will take to fix this one up compared to what it would be to buy a nice one already fixed up.You said the floors are gone,and thats why im saying this.Thats a major job to repair,and when you dig into a known rusty car you will surely fine more rust,probably where you least expect it.The 70s Camaros are selling for way less than the 67 thru 69s.I believe you could buy a nice 70 and up Camaro for $10.000 or less.By the time you repair or even partially restore the one your looking at you can easily go go way over that.Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts