Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im considering replacing the original leaf springs on my 69 z/28 with new eaten springs 1" higher than stock.. the problem is i dont know what stock heigth is...mine are sagging.and i just want to hear from a few of other camaro owners on what there thoughts are...does any one have any measurements? im running stock wheels... thanx,david

------------------
1968 s.s.,r.s.,396
1997 brickyard festival-
pace car no.1
1965 chevelle malibu
1964 chevelle s.s. 4-sp
1969 z28-x77 302

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
see if you like the ride height that mine used to have... this was with Landrum-made "stock replacements" bought from Rick's First Gen. These are the $120 pair of springs. I have since added 1'' lowering blocks.
www.geocities.com/boodlefoof (click on the "my'68 camaro" link.

·
Retired
16,053 Posts
In my 69Rs I just replaced my 5 leafs with new Eaton standards. My rear bumper bottom edge now sits 23 3/4 inches off level floor. I have P220/70/R14 BFGoodrich red line tires on back. Not sure if that helps but mechanic told me to ride around with 200 pounds of sand in the trunk for awhile to settle the springs down a little.
Hope that helps a little. Good luck.
click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1,TH350,Dover White,Blue Vinyl top
F&R spoilers,pdb,Close ratio ps,am/fm,3.08 Posi.,A/C,
fold down rear seat.
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just measured mine... it is 21 1/4" from bottom of the rear bumper. im running stock 15" rally a wheels and ta radials,235/60 sr15. they are the original springs...so i feel they are sagging an inch or two?

·
Retired
16,053 Posts
Mine were original too, and my rear tires were hitting inside the wheel well on bumps plus my mechanic told me they were pretty flat. Thats why I replaced them. Im guessing you will gain at least 2". My old springs sat my bumper at 21+ too, I dont recall the exact measurement but a bit over 21". Sounds like yours will be pretty close to the same. Call Mike or Gary at Eaton spring. 313-963-3839 and explain what car you have and what finished ride you want, they are great at helping thru the process.
click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1,TH350,Dover White,Blue Vinyl top
F&R spoilers,pdb,Close ratio ps,am/fm,3.08 Posi.,A/C,
fold down rear seat.
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx click.....my problem is i already bought eaton springs 1" taller but i dont know if i will like them...maby i will install them and take a look then...thanx,david

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.