Team Camaro Tech banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
When making patches for panels, what guage thickness steel did you use? What kind of steel?
We use a micrometer to match the thickness and gauge of the original piece and if I don't have one lying around I grab one at Lowes...

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Here is our newest video documenting the floorpan and firewall install!

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
Awesome Tony Vids are a lot better than just Pics.

Reactions: bondora68

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Great video. Never thought of using ratchet straps. But I have used steel L-brackets tacked to the firewall and floor, using 1/4" all thread to pull them together. You can strategically use this method to draw both close enough to form and screw them together. But your ratchet method seems to work too. I like your thread. Very informative. Thanks

Reactions: bondora68

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Great video. Never thought of using ratchet straps. But I have used steel L-brackets tacked to the firewall and floor, using 1/4" all thread to pull them together. You can strategically use this method to draw both close enough to form and screw them together. But your ratchet method seems to work too. I like your thread. Very informative. Thanks
Thanks Scot! I'm glad someone is getting some info from our hard work!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yes, im waiting for you to start the trunk pan replacement. When are you gonna start that? Funny that I'm doing same repair work as you are.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
We are starting that soon. After we do the quarter panel inner braces and deck lid support piece...

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Here is the part 2 video where we finish up floorpan, firewall and convertible braces!

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I need a recommendation for who makes the best dash pad (with AC) for my 69...
I got one from NPD for my 1975 and was happy..

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Coming up in the build...Replacing the inner quarter supports and the outer wheel wells! Video is in progress.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts