Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here is my new project:
A 1975 Camaro type LT. She was born Silver with a red interior and a weak little 145 HP 350ci motor with an auto trans. I found it on Craigslist locally while searching for a THM 350 transmission. I negotiated her down to $450 and made arrangements to take her home. 4 flat tires with mis-matched rims.
This is how she looked when I picked her up about 10 minutes away from my house where she has set for the last 4 years in someone's back yard.

No engine, but does come with a tHM350 trans, a new flowmaster exhaust system, a steel cowl hood (which I do not care for), nifty traction bars and a giant AutoMeter Tach! The interior is not terrible but has not been respected.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after replacing all four wheels and tires (with the set that came with my 68 Convertible), freeing up a frozen rear hub, and searching for neutral on that crazy shifter, I pulled it home.

We gave her a bath and she looked so much better!

Lots of rust in the lower quarter areas, lower fenders, and trunk pan.
Anyway, I spent the rest of the weekend going through the 350 engine I had taken out of the 68 convertible (I will be replacing it with a crate motor).

I got it cleaned up and painted and used new gaskets to put her back together.

My plan is to get her running and then patch up the rust areas as I have time. I really need to attend to the rust hole above the trunk (in the trunk gutter area) so that water will stop running into the trunk...

I would like to return her to silver exterior with red interior.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so I got the engine in, the trans pump replaced and now the car is running and yard drives:hurray:. The front bleeder screws are stripped out and the back brakes are blocked and locked. Next project is replace the front calipers and replace the rear brake hose so I can bleed the brakes...

Here is the evidence:

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I painted the front grille the correct silver and I located some correct factory wheels with trim rings and caps.

Reattached the inside door handle which had come off due to stripped out screws in the door metal..

I took off those awful traction bars and painted the hood flat black to blend in better...

I drove it around the block yesterday. She is loud and doesn't like to stop...:yes:

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Wooooohh! Tony- where is your 68 convertible? Don't let those quarter panels beat you Bud. You were going to be driving it this summer.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wooooohh! Tony- where is your 68 convertible? Don't let those quarter panels beat you Bud. You were going to be driving it this summer.
Thanks for the reminder Jason!:sad:
Since getting married, Ive been spending more time doing family stuff plus the heat and humidity around here kicks in around March, so its been really hot here. I plan to set up my A/C unit this weekend to help out in the garage.
I have to lift up my rear frame rails on the 68 an inch or two before I can put the quarters on and I will be doing that soon. I had to workout a plan to make that happen. Yes, I had big plans to get her finished quickly but things happen and I'm just ready to move forward!
Thanks for the encouragement.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
My 2nd car was a 74 beige on beige Camaro. Looks identical to the 75. Now I gotta dig a picture up.
Earlier you had mentioned "she didn't like to stop" .. now that wasn't because of those fierce 145 Ponies under that cowl hood was it ? :D

Cool car, can't wait to see this one done.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My 2nd car was a 74 beige on beige Camaro. Looks identical to the 75. Now I gotta dig a picture up.
Earlier you had mentioned "she didn't like to stop" .. now that wasn't because of those fierce 145 Ponies under that cowl hood was it ? :D

Cool car, can't wait to see this one done.
No, just lousy brakes!:(
I am replacing the rear brakes lines and hose this weekend..

My first car at 15 years old was a blue 74! I have a pic somewhere..

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is 15 year old me with my first car (74 Camaro) with my brother and sisters way back in 1985..:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts