Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm ready to get the machine work started on my 383 build and I'm going to go with a main stud kit. So the first thing I have to decide is do I want the ones for a windage tray or not. I do want a windage tray (I think) but, there's always a but, I also need a new pan. So the options are endless, with or without a windage tray, scraper, baffling, stroker clearanced. I'll be running stock style I beam rods with ARP bolts. So to save myself from possible grief during assembly I thought I'd get a pan that's stroker clearanced. I see a lot of people say they didn't need one but they're usually running the cap screw type bolts.

These pans with the built in scrapers and windage trays make me wonder what kind of fitment issues that might cause. Don't these things typically need to be fitted by trial and error and how would you do that when it's built into the pan. So should I just get a pan and add the windage tray (which one) and what about fitting a scraper. Is it worth it.

For info, the intended use is a street/strip car hopefully close to 500hp that will be shifted at 6500-7000.

I hope these aren't stupid questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Better yet how about specific part numbers that worked for you.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I have a Moroso pan and the scraper hit crank and it just didn't "sit" right down evenly. I had to force it over the studs. I wont get another moroso but I do recommend you getting all the goodies (scraper, windage, trap door, etc..) to go in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts