Team Camaro Tech banner
421 - 427 of 427 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I cannot tell, is that orange engine coming out or going back in the car?

It is good to see you are back in the saddle.

(I am the guy with the Firebird)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
I cannot tell, is that orange engine coming out or going back in the car?

It is good to see you are back in the saddle.

(I am the guy with the Firebird)
Yes, good to chat again..its been a while!...And I should have stated that the engine is coming out..:)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I think it is going out :)
Hey Patrick, and from your side, did you get this huge new patch work done on firewall and engine... back in ??
Yes, I made an indentation in the firewall so that the engine will fit better. It is all welded back, smoothed and painted. There is an electrical connection at the back of the engine that was very near the firewall.

Yes, good to chat again..its been a while!...And I should have stated that the engine is coming out..:)
My engine has been in and out four times. I am not sure if I win or loose if we were in a contest for the most engine installations in one car. I am getting good at stabbing and un-stabbing the engine/transmission.
You are lucky. Your Chevy engine does not have any plastic do-dads bolted to the block. The engine hoist chain caught one of my air temperature sensors and broke it off.

I used my wife's old gumbo pot to bend the sheet metal for the indentation on the firewall. The old Magnalite pot is made of aluminum. We read somewhere that aluminum causes Alzheimer's disease. Neither one of us can remember where we read it.

Wood Shotgun Automotive exterior Comfort Drinking water

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I used my wife's old gumbo pot to bend the sheet metal for the indentation on the firewall. The old Magnalite pot is made of aluminum. We read somewhere that aluminum causes Alzheimer's disease. Neither one of us can remember where we read it.
:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Quotes like this I read to my wife. We so enjoy your sense of humor Patrick!

421 - 427 of 427 Posts