Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,411 Posts
There's a ton of guys who take the V8 WJ's and supercharge them. They're running 10's in the quarter. In a Jeep.

I used to own a 99. Loved that beast. One of the best cars I've ever owned. It would go anywhere, had lots of power, and never, ever gave up (except that one time when I managed to literally tear the transfer case in half and leave it on the road while driving... but we don't talk about that. thread here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/...aded-literally-its-road-now-literally-820264/)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I'm Old School and want a Carburetor, Points, Mechanical Fuel Pump and Steel Rims to get me outta the BUSH.

Be dam if a Jeep will do a 10 sec 1/4 but an 68 large journal Jenkins Spec'd 8000 rpm 331ci will likely do it.

But it's not my goal if the Machine I buy has a descent 6 Cly, body and frame to replace my 70Z at a price where I don't have to put my 327 in her.

WOW! I know you guys want to see it and I'm getting too old without finances and the proper resources to do it.

Here's Cyl head PIC of my 327:

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Here's the latest PIC and what my Surgate Son is doing with my 7000rpm 625Hp SR 454ci 70Z.

Sold it last year to him for a song and he's refurbishing her to his view. Re-Painted, new seats, interior door panels plus carpet and roof liner. Replaced my 72 Grill with the original small Egg Crate and added that front license plate holder "NICE Touch".

He swears he's going to burn off them old BF/TA's by the end of this summer.

I know it's a BIG PIC but I have to brag ;o)

·
Registered
4 Posts
The car has the later high spoiler on the back which was only available as a COPO option on 70s , quite a rare option on the 1970 Z . I have heard there were less than 10 % of the 1970 Z28s ordered with the tall spoiler . was it originally on this car or did you install it ?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts