Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem using the search function. I did a search on leaf spring and conversions etc, and it resulted in about 300 matches. Quite a few of the topics I select give the message "The topic you selected does not exist".
I've had this problem on other searches as well. Are the topics only kept for a certain time or erased due to size or am I doing something wrong? I'm missing out on some of the topics that are exactly what I am looking for.

Thanx
Rick

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
I'll have a look. Two possible causes, the topics are no longer on the site or the server/browser has timed out. I know a couple of guys had a problem and after re-starting the pages were displayed. I don't actually know why that would work but they said it did.

It is time we re-indexed the forum but it drops us offline for an hour or more so need to find a good time.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
For what its worth, I've experienced the same problem several times in the past.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the quick replies.

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read in another post that you updated something regarding the error message in the search function. This completely solved the problem I was having and I found all the info I was looking for. Appreciate all your hard work Al. Dave, your suspension page was a big help as well. Just a little positive feed-back.

Thanks again
Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts