Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if they'd tornado knocked over some trees and they landed on the Camaro is it possible that the pressure from the trees busted some gaskets? the damage to the hood and fenders didn't lead me to think there was any internal damage under the hood, but when the car was started you could hear the typical tap of the rocker arm and push rod. there is also a small leak where coolant and oil are forming in the same place on a piece of cardboard. I will appreciate any input you want to give. thank you

·
Registered
913 Posts
I would say no, the internal pressures your engine would be generating a lot more pressure then a tree falling on it if as you say you can not see any damage past exterior cosmetic damage on fenders and hood.
I would think you actual engine would need to be crushed to damage and gaskets or seals and at that point by by engine and leaking gasket or seal would be of no concern. :beers:

Chances are ya had a small leak and after the accident or scrutinizing everything and just noticed the small leaks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must say your suggestion is possible usually the car sits on gravel and after the storm I put it in my shop and Place cardboard under it, so that is absolutely possible.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
What is the oil pressure like?

The weight of the tree might have slammd the car so hard against the ground that the oil pan was dented up closing the gap between the oil pump pick up and the bottomm of the pan.

Big Dave

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey big Dave. Just went out and looked at the dashes gauge and it is maxed out. Completely to its highest spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts