Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea where I could buy 15x7 Torq Thrust Originals on Goodyear Polyglas (215/65R15) for a 69 Camaro Yenko Tribute? Trying to find where I can buy from one place; mounted, balanced and shipped.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
A couple of questions. Are you going to drive this vehicle or is it just for show?
There are very few that make the Goodyear Polyglass tire. Kelsey Tire makes the bias ply tire, but not in a radial. Also they make it in a f70 15. You can get the TTOs from most suppliers but I don't think you can get them together.
I found the set of Bias tires were hard to get used to and were a very hard ride. I changed to BFG T/As and the car handled like a dream.
Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This car will be driven, so no doubt I will want a smooth ride. I have BFG Radial TA's on my other '69, and the ride is smooth. I was trying to find something more period correct to throw on the yenko replica.

Any other recommendations? I just bought the car, and currently it has Rally Wheels with Firehawk Indy 500 tires. I just don't like them.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Check out Lucas Tire, They have several radials that have that period correct look. They have a Goodyear polysteel radial with small letters similar to the polyglas GT. They are pricey though at 355 apiece. Coker has the Firestone wide tread gt that came on some Camaros. Still pricey. Unless you are going for an all out show car the Radial T/A would be my choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts