Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
My car has Torque Thrust II wheels with the chrome center cap. I've tried to clean the wheels the best I can, but for some reason I can't get the water spots off of the wheels themselves, it's like they are stained. Any tips?

Thanks,
RumRunner

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Hi All,
My car has Torque Thrust II wheels with the chrome center cap. I've tried to clean the wheels the best I can, but for some reason I can't get the water spots off of the wheels themselves, it's like they are stained. Any tips?

Thanks,
RumRunner
Powder coated? Google remove spots from powder coating. Several Products pop up.
"Spray the hard water spots with a lime scale remover that is high in phosphoric acid. This solution can be found at janitorial supply stores. It has a higher percentage of acid than the grocery store cleansers. Unlike liquid paint, powder coating is sprayed onto a surface and then heated until the powder"

·
Retired
26,701 Posts
I would try clay bar on them and then if you know hey are not clear coated or powder coated a metal cleaner like "Heavy Metal Polish" from Chemical Guys. If your wheels are clear coated look for the Chemical Guys spot remover for paint...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've never heard of a torque thrust II wheel that was powder coated???
I use Mothers "BILLET" polish, then seal them with some of the new technology sealing products on the market.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
I use Mothers "BILLET" polish, then seal them with some of the new technology sealing products on the market.
Really didn't know if powder coated. Grey spokes maybe painted and clear coated. I once had a varient of the TTII chrome. Parked in the street and a dog peed on the drivers side rims and the chrome promptly peeled off.

·
Retired
26,701 Posts
You are right no powder coating on TTII's. I like to give latitude in my replies. Never know what restoration process has transpired either professionally or DIY. As well someone reading may have the same problem on another brand of wheel and if powder coated wasn't brought up could set themselves up with something too abrasive... I learned the hard way, I had clear coated wheels on a truck and used Mothers aluminum polish on them. In the end, they came out great but trust me you don't really want to spend the time removing clear coat from a set of wheels that didn't really need it...

Here's what American Racing says about cleaning their wheels.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,
Thank you for all of the replies. I failed to mention that I am on well water, I don't know if that is important or not?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts