Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a torque wrench. What type, brand, and what is the most should I pay. I am only going to do car stuff with it with some motor building down the road.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Get a click type 3/8 drive from the local Sears/Craftsman store. That will handle 95% of your needs. I believe that I paid about
65-70 bucks for mine, a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Liquid40,
We have the SK 1/2" drive click type..25lb-250lb with a blow molded box in our catalogue for 106.95. With 10% off it's 96.26. If you want one for 85.00 and 5 for sh. (90.00) let me know. You could call us to order it. 888-459-0333 toll free

Bob

------------------
502 Bob

69 Z-502
Nothing like a 69 with traction issues.
www.mobiletools1.com

[This message has been edited by mobiletools (edited 03-25-2002).]

·
Registered
650 Posts
An important thing to consider is roughly where the most of your torque specs are. A torque wrench works best around its midrange, so buy one whos midpoint is roughly where most of your torque values will be.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I got one of the SK's from Bob at mobiletools. It's a nice piece and Bob's a great guy to deal with!

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I suggest two - one as mentioned above and one that is designed for inch-pounds of torque for small(er) fasteners.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.