Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the planning process of my 69 Camaro motor. My car currently has a 350/350 stock motor. I have a freshly rebuilt turbo 400 trans and a 350 short block. I am planning on turning the 350 block into a 383 stoker.

I am considering an 88 or 89 Camaro TPI intake on the 383 with the turbo 400 trans.

Has anyone done this? Any advise?

------------------

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think that if you're looking to get into the 400+ hp range, there are limitations to that set-up.If you look into either the Edelbrock Pro-Flo efi, or the Holley efi system,you'll find these both capable of that hp range.They are both flexible as far as tuning goes also. Good luck. John Z.

·
Registered
215 Posts
id go with the edelbrock not the accel. with the accel you have to have a laptop computer to calibrate it. you get a handheld calibration unit with the edlebrock efi.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great information.
I was hoping to get into and above the 400HP range. This will be a street car that I take to the track 3 or 4 times a year.
I can pick up an 88 or 89 TPI setup from a Vet or Camaro for about $350. But I know hooking it up will take some time and customizing.
The Edelbrock EFI system looks great but $2,000 is a quite a bit of money for an intake.
Decisions decisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts