Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how's it going guys. I am not sure where to post this. It seemed the most logical spot. Just let me know if this spot is ok or not.
I have a 70 camaro rs that I am putting a 88 Tpi motor in. I already have a new wiring and gas tank with pump and all that but I was looking at the power steering. It is a little different fill area as well as the outlets are a little different not much though. I was wondering if the power steering would be compatible on my 70 camaro steering box.
A little advise would be nice. As soon as I figure this part out I will start putting the motor in (as in tonight if possible)Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
IMO if you are using the 88 steering pump then go ahead and replace your power steering box with the IROC quick turn box. That is a popular conversion, expecially with the pro touring crowd, and they usually have to get custom lines to work with the early style pump. If you swap over the pump and box you can just use stock lines from the auto parts store.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So that steering box can I buy like a re manufactured one from Kreagen or do I need to get it from a junk yard? Do you know what year I need to get. Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
You can get from junkyard or Kragen. Late 80's IROC's came with them. Forgot to mention that you still would need a special rag joint to complete the conversion.

Found this post in "today's posts" along with yours:
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103139

If you do a search you can find all the info you need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will this steering box work on my 70. They are talking about a 67-69.

The only reason I ask it that I am not very familiar with the older camaro's.
I had a chance to read his post about the whole parts line which was very helpful. Would I be able to just upgrade the pitman arm and the steering box due to the fact that I am putting in a tpi motor from a 88 camaro ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts