Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
20,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A string of low 12.2's
Then a 12,17
Then an 11.95 @ 113.00

MPH looks good to a 11.7 or so but due to my tires not hooking very well along with some tunning I hope to see low 11's this year.
I want to:
Get some MT DR's
Re-jet carb
Tune the car better as a whole.

All in all a good day at the track and 1st time to the 11's :D

·
Super Moderator
32,769 Posts
Write everything in a log book for future reference? Times look good, plenty of mph.

·
20,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solid roller in the .58X range with 1.5's.......I'm running 1.6's , so low .600's

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Very cool :thumbsup:
I remember hitting the 11's last year as my goal. Now believe it or not where in the same boat with the same projects and goals for this year. Except I'm already running the MT DR's, only in 17's not 15's like I'm sure your planing. Once you get the MT's follow the guidelines on MT's site for running them. There info is spot on for everyone I know around here running them. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Congrats man, gotta like the 11's :thumbsup:
What did your 60' times look like? When I was going 11.70, it was 114 mph with mid 1.6 60', 7.4's in the 1/8th for reference.
Thats awesome, I know what you must have been thinking when they handed you that timeslip and you saw the 11....:D :D :hurray:
Since it was your first time out, no doubt you will see mid-low 11's before youre done, but you gotta get that 1/8 mile down a bit.
Refresh my memory, whats you combo, gears motor etc.?

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,457 Posts
Awesome Doug, :beers:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Congrats on 11's Doug. I have been watching and waiting for you to go to the track since our combos are somewhat similar. My short term goal is high 11's. Must feel great. Does it actually feel much faster at the track from your low 12's? I also can't wait to see what new tires will do for you. Thanks for keeping us posted.

·
20,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks everyone. :beers:

I couldn't get the 60's below 1.8X but one time a 1.760 (same as last years best) which ended up the 11.95. I was spinning every pass :sad: so I know it has to be the tires.
I did switch to 4 leaf replacements due to bending the mono's last year so there's another hurtle.
As for the MPH I couldn't break 112.5ish untill the 11.95 @ 113. Seen another car there running 113 and 11.7's but I didn't see the 60' so I know I can get there.

·
Registered
601 Posts
:thumbsup: nice ride good going:beers: question i got tho. why does right side of car looks higher than left. doesnt usually left side goes up higher than right.unless you got car setup at idle for right to be much higher than left only a thought here.i see old ladder bars also. you probally need the newer style cal trac bars to hook more power to the ground. is that you taking off from the start or doing your burnout? if it is taking off from start lost alot of time spinniing wheels.front wheels off ground and not alot of wheel spin than you hooked up see you going into 10s.:hurray: :beers: gl

·
20,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, the car looks like it's leaning but I think it'sthe angle or something.

Yes, that's doing the burnout in the box.

·
Registered
601 Posts
ok lol angle throws it all off. see next time if a video can be made of launching. than maybe help you out a little bit more.:beers: :thumbsup: friend got a 68 camaro and runs 7.89 big block with nitrous.on launch barely burns tires wheels come off ground in front wheelie bars keep it down and flies. was in car magazine years ago (got to find mag to show you)

·
Registered
595 Posts
doug- very cool, congrats. which 1.6 ratio roller rockers are you using?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts