Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All....I am new to this site....so forgive me...I just purchased a 1967 Camaro SS rotis restoration. I want to make the car my own and make a few minor changes. It has traction bars...not sure why. First question...I was thinking about possibly removing them and secondly, how do I get the rear end up a bit. It sits way to low in the rear. Are the leaf spring bad? advise plz...thx

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I would leave them if it's a stick car and you like to play around a bit. Every 67 i've ever owned with a 4 speed would wheel hop so bad it would dang near rattle your teeth out with out traction bars. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Depending on the traction bars. If they have the u bolts in front an behind the rear axle the can be tightened to preload the springs and lower the altitude. If that is the case you can loosen the bolts and effectively raise the rear. Got a picture?

·
13,829 Posts
67s do not have staggered shocks so very common to get wheel hop which will break the rear end in short order.

If you want to ditch the traction bars, which I would do, there are other ways to deal with the wheel hop problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts